Our time in Florence was much too short. We were only there for 2 nights and just got a glimpse of the incredible city and tuscan countryside. Of course we first browsed the amazing Mercato Centrale and San Lorenzo market. The market had everything from fresh and dried fruits, cheese, oils, meats, bread, and pasta. We bought fruit and some homemade pasta to cook for sunday dinner.
At the San Lorenzo market I was on a hunt to find the perfect Italian leather purse while Michael was searching for the perfect briefcase. In the end, we were both so picky and particular that we never found our dream bags. Maybe next time.
The beautiful Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore in Piazza del Duomo.
One of the coolest things we did while in Italy was going on a scooter tour that took us riding all through Tuscany. The landscape was just stunning.
We even visited San Gimignano, a small walled medieval hill town in Tuscany.
Here's my illegal photo I snuck with my iPhone. I don't know why they won't let you take pictures of marble, especially when there is no flash. Michelangelo's David was amazing to see in person.
Florence is definitely on our list of cities we want to visit again. While we're so happy we got to visit, we definitely did not get enough of it in 2 days. Florence, we'll meet again soon.


2 comments:
Crazy thing about San Gimignano, a city that was built in the 1100's is that people still live in those buildings. That was one of the most shocking things to me about Europe. You stand by a building that is 100's and 100's maybe thousands of years old and the window opens and someone shakes their rug out the opening. Wowsers! My house is only 25 years old and I feel like we need to update all of the bathrooms!
I'm so jealous!!!
Post a Comment