As of September 14th I officially graduated from the Hurley Medical Center Dietetic Internship! Woohoo! I can't believe I finished. Since I was a sophomore in high school I knew I wanted to be a Dietitian, and that part of achieving my goal was completing a dietetic internship. My senior year of college all we could think about was GETTING an internship. Then when I applied the first time, I didn't get placed... It was the first time in my life I didn't get something I had worked so hard for. So I went and got more experience and applied again. Part of the application involves ranking your internship choices. Up until the last minute I had Texas as my first choice, but with seconds left I changed Michigan to my top choice. I didn't have a good feeling about Texas and just felt that Michigan was where I was supposed to go. Now that I've finished my internship, I can confidently say that was where the Lord wanted me to go, for so many reasons.
Loved wearing a lab coat and feeling legit!
Yeah! We made it!
Dawn Scott! Internship Director.
So now that I've graduated, the next step is to take the national Registered Dietitian exam. Once I pass the exam, I will officially be a registered dietitian. And then hopefully get a job. Woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment