Monday, August 23, 2010

Australia

Unfortunately our time in Australia was very short. We flew in to Cairns and went straight to the zoo. Here we got to feed Kangaroos and take pictures with a Koala bear named Buster. I wanted to take Buster home with me, but the zoo people wouldn't allow it for some reason.





Pretty much the whole next day was spent diving the Great Barrier Reef. We did a 2 tank dive. It was unbelievable. We saw a shark and sea turtle. Pretty fish. But the coral was amazing. Tons of colorful sea anemones with clown fish living in them. Best dive ever.



Still to come: Queenstown, Christchurch, Auckland, and our camper-van.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHH! So amazing! nice dive hair. very classy!


1 more week! xoxo

Mama Smith said...

What incredible EXPERIENCES you are having!!!! I LOVE the little Koala Bear!!!!! Not everyone can say they HELD ONE!!!!! (smile)

Missy Johnson said...

Okay...for some reason the clown fish just make me really, really happy. Every time I saw them I would get so excited!

PS - Did Tonga seem like a dream that never happened the second you left? That's how it felt for us. So bizarre.