We live on the 2nd biggest island in the island group, Foa. Only about 1500 people live here. There is really only one road in Ha'apai. It runs the length of the main island then connects to Foa island via a makeshift causeway. Pangi is the capital city, but I wouldn't call it a city. Its made up of about 6 shops and a bank.
For some reason when the government built the airplane runway here, they made it diagonal across the main island. So whenever a plane is coming they have to close down the one road that goes to and from town. Its so funny. I don't know why they didn't put it length wise.
Here's a picture of us at the beach. We go everyday here. Its beautiful and there is never anyone around.
Tomorrow we are leaving Ha'apai to meet up with my parents in Tongatapu. I can't wait to see them. I've miss them a lot this summer. We will spend 4 days with them there, and then we'll be off to New Zealand.
1 comment:
you live the best life ever! So beautiful!
Can't wait to see you and share gum/stories
Post a Comment