Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Raining cats and dogs

Monday night it started raining and rained the entire night. And this wasn't ordinary rain either. It was like monsoon rain. We woke up to our driveway being completely flooded. The city doesn't have any drainage system so all the water just pools until entire roads are covered. I guess this is why a lot of people built their houses on stilts. Because otherwise lots of them would have water coming in their front doors.

I took this picture this morning. This isn't even half as bad as it was yesterday. (Don't know who lives in this house)



After it rains, the next day is unbearably hot. With the sun blazing and all the water evaporating from the ground, you start sweating the second you walk outside. But I'll take that over snow in May (sorry Utah friends)

3 comments:

Sandee said...

It's been raining here as well. Quite a gully washer... the silly chickens out standing in the rain. But at least we do have good drainage etc.

That's the thing about lush, green, gorgeous places- it rains! I prefer a huge downpour to weeks of drizzling grayness!

Miss you both!

Anonymous said...

oh my. don't get washed away.
are you dying with the heat?
how goes the reasurch?

Mother Smith said...

This reminded me so much...of when it rained so much...that our Ibis Road home...looked like we had "lake front" property!!! (smile)